Our Recommendation for the Best Microneedling Aftercare:
- CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for 72 hours post-treatment, and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area, and do not use a Clarisonic or other powered cleansing brushes for at least one week after your treatment.
- HEAL – We recommend serum antioxidants post-treatment, as its properties are ideal to help heal the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your Rejuvapen treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient you can use to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your Rejuvapen treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen-stimulating peptides are ideal to maximize the effects of the stimulation already started by the microneedling.
- MAKEUP – We recommend you do not apply makeup for 24 to 72 hours after the procedure. In addition, do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if the brush is not clean.
PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, your skin professional will apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB, SPF 25 or greater sunscreen to your skin. We recommend a chemical-free sunscreen. Keep in mind that you should continue to use a sunscreen everyday—not only the days following your procedure—as part of your skincare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
Additional Microneedling Aftercare Precautions
- To ensure the proper healing environment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) scrubs or anything perceived as “active” skincare for one week post treatment.
- Do not use any powered cleansing brushes like Clarisonic for one week post treatment.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 72 hours.
- No tanning beds.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Do not go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment.
- Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for the first 72 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments in general are harmful and filled with bacteria, which may cause adverse reactions in your skin.